Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Minecraft Waterways

 

Kia Ora bloggers! How has term 3 been so far for you? 
This term the non-production group has started understanding this terms inquiry which is focussing on water, our first task was to get in buddies and research 3 words to do with waterways, catchment areas, and other water related things, I went with Sienna and the 3 words we chose were Microplastics, groundwater, and waterways. Once we had our 3 words researched we had to find a way to present our research, Sienna and I chose to do it on a canva with 4 different posters, one for each word along with a glossary for the other words to do with watersheds and catchment areas that had been included in the definitions. After this, we had finished our first task and moved onto our second task, this was to make a Minecraft world with a mountain, a river (preferably the waimak), a catchment area, village/town, the ocean (or a line saying that it is where the ocean is), and a way to get water that comes from the mountain, Sienna and I found a mountain leading to a river with a village next to it so we used this as our template for our watershed and just added a few things, we also had to put signs showing what everything was and then the last step was to take photos and put them onto a slide to show our work. I think that we did well at researching and making our world, it looked quite good and had good labeling.
Do you know what any of our 3 words mean? Do you know what a watershed is? Please leave me some feedback and maybe check out some of my other posts/ work. Blog you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post